One of the timeless aspects of Jesus Christ’s teaching style was his emphasis on experiential learning. So much of his teaching occurred in the context of adventure and the outdoors that it begs the question, “Why did he prefer the outdoors as his primary classroom for teaching?” If you would like to know more about this ancient apprenticing technique of Jesus Christ and how it relates to youth work around the world today, consider reading Dr. Ashley Denton’s book, Christian Outdoor Leadership: Theology, Theory, and Practice. Click here to read more and get a sneak peek into one of the excerpts of this book…
- WMI Wilderness First Aid Training
- Denver Seminary Outdoor Leadership OL 501 Syllabus: Biblical, Theological, and Philosophical Foundations of Outdoor Leadership
- Outdoor ministry with Nepali kids… watch the video and an interview w/ the director of Nepal Outdoor Adventures
- Listen to Ashley Denton’s Interview about Wilderness Ministry with Kurt Goff of Family Life Radio, New York
- Matt Ismert, of Young Life’s Wilderness Ranch, Gives Ashley Denton’s book on Outdoor Leadership Two Thumbs Up!